Monday, October 31, 2011

Back to Nebraska...

Yesterday was my first time back in the Husker state since the Steeplechase Death March.  The roads were perfectly dry and solid.  A strong and steady NW wind provided good resistance.  It was odd going 30+ mph (with the wind's help) on roads that would have been a quagmire 3 weeks ago.

I even got to practice my tire changing skills courtesy of a errant thorn.  Love the CO2!

I continue to imagine routes for next spring and despite the horrors of the October 8th ride, I still want to throw at least one mile of MMR into the mix.  But just one.  Two at the most.  Still awaiting the long-awaited opening of the Meridian Bridge because I want to make that part of the route too.

With the promise of winter just around the corner I'm experiencing bike lust again...perhaps a Salsa Vaya?  A Dos 9er?  Christmas will be here before we know it...

No comments:

Post a Comment