Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Mid-week update

I've been checking the forecast for Saturday and although there may be some rain/sprinkles I can pretty much guarantee the roads will not look like this:
Yesterday I found out that Ace opens at 8:00 on Saturdays - but the start time will remain at 9:30.  Postcards continue to trickle in and if you have some last-minute adds feel free to bring them along.

I want to emphasize that this is a non-competitive venture, but if you hook up with folks who want to make a friendly race out of it go for it.  Just be nice and while you're in town take it easy and follow the rules of the road.  I mean, you should always follow the rules of the road - just pay extra attention within the city limits.  I will not be going for time and I'm not going to be first back.  I'm planning to have a check-in sheet at the Ace bike counter where you can record your time for posterity.  Don't forget your helmet and bringing a blinky red light wouldn't be a bad idea either.

I may have a few more random thoughts to add before Saturday so keep checking in.

Be safe, be kind, have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment