Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Next up...2012!

Even though the mud from the 2011 Steeplechase is still getting picked out of our bikes, clips and souls I can't help but be excited about doing something similar in 2012.  This blog will probably go into something resembling hibernation for a bit, but I have begun planning for next year.

Here's what my fevered imagination has come up with so far:
1) A springtime century (metric and English) that is divided more evenly between SoDak and Nebraska.  MMR's would probably not be a part of these routes in case you were wondering.  Mid-April anyone?  I already have the route roughed out.

2) A century version of the Steeplechase Harvest Ride, also metric and English, possibly with a more competitive category for the race inclined.

I welcome input from any and all.  I believe gravel/MMR riding has a future in the Yankton vicinity and I would love to see folks spread the word.  My goal is to keep these events free, fun and accessible.

Cheers,
Gregg

No comments:

Post a Comment