Monday, August 22, 2011

August is rapidly slipping away, the days are getting shorter and if I let my imagination wander I can convince myself Fall is just around the corner. That's not to say there aren't several days of 90°+ days ahead.
Planning, such as it is, for the Steeplechase is proceeding. The weekend of October 8th looks like a lock. Even though no major sponsors have stepped forward this will be a free event. There's still plenty of time to get on some gravel and 'B' roads and enjoy the late summer greenery. As for myself I'm trying to get my office chair butt in shape for the Almanzo Gentlemen's ride on 9/24. Chris Skogen puts on an amazing event and although he's largely the inspiration for my wanting to spread the Gospel of Gravel, I am in no way able to come close to matching the time & effort he puts into this kind of endeavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment