Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The joys of commitment

Today Sarah (my wife who has a birthday today!) asked me if I was going to post the steeplechase ride with the folks over at GravelGrinder news, or anyone else for that matter. I'm on the fence about that since this will be a first-time thing for me and while I want there to be more than just myself out on the road I also don't want to have too many folks getting their hopes up for the best gravel event ever.
One way to work through this would be to take another page out of Chris Skogen's book and have interested riders register via postcard. I like to get things in the real mail besides Pottery Barn catalogs and it makes participating a little more of a commitment than just tossing off an email. I'll be making my address available soon on the main page.
There's also the question of promoting this through other avenues besides this modest little blog and a flyer at the bike shop...ideas anyone?

My boilerplate disclaimer: This is my first time doing this. I'm not responsible for the weather. It was like that when I got here.


No comments:

Post a Comment