Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Why gravel? Why steeples?

As I've gotten more comfortable with the whole aging thing, I've realized that going fast on asphalt just isn't as important to me as it once was and 35 mph on a gravel downhill is more thrilling than 45 on asphalt.  Also, we have gravel roads aplenty in these parts so it's really just a matter of using the resources at hand.  Last, this area isn't home to a big biking community and internal combustion drivers around here are not what I would call 'hip' to the whole cyclists' rights thing.  Ducking out on the gravel side roads is just a whole lot less stressful.

Regarding the steeples:  this ride is not a religious activity, and although I think all of the churches on the route are of the Catholic persuasion I am not endorsing any denomination over another.  However,  feel free to invoke whichever saint you think can help you along should the need arise.

No comments:

Post a Comment