Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gearing up!

my desk with the impeccable Almanzo cue sheets

We're about 10 days away from zero hour and I'm in the process of editing the cue sheets.  Fortunately about 95% of the course goes either N,S,E or W  (Thanks Thomas Jefferson!) so it's almost impossible to get horribly lost.  Also, the roads are numbered sequentially so if you go south of 888th or east of 565th you know you've gone too far.  I've made up a nifty navigator's desk using 1/4" plywood and zip ties - works like a charm plus I can do the crossword if things get slow.


Got a couple of postcards yesterday (a shout out to Pierre, SD and Sioux City, IA!) from folks I don't know personally.  At least now I'm pretty sure it won't just be me and a few of my friends out there on the course.   I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the current weather trend will hold until Oct. 9, even if it means lots of dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment