Sunday, September 25, 2011

Gentlemens Ride 2.0




Forestville - thanks Chris Skogen
 I'm back from SE Minnesota where I had my backside handed to me courtesy of the Gentlemen's Ride.  If it hadn't been for the perfect weather, flawless mechanicals and the Thai iced coffee at the Forestville refreshment stop I don't think I could have done it.
The Start

Having 3 other folks to help me along didn't hurt either ( including Chris who can kick my butt while biking uphill and smoking...a cigarette).    I look at the Steeplechase as an Almanzo Light and I'm pretty sure that while I will in all likelihood finish I will not be first back.  And that's OK.  If there's a next year for the Steeplechase I may want to make it a 100k/100 mile affair.  That could be fun.
Don't try this at home...or anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment