Friday, September 2, 2011

September!

Glad to start the long slide into Fall.  Temps are down 20° from yesterday and the living is good.  The average temps for October 8?  Low: 45°F, High: 68°F.  I'm more concerned about wet v. dry.

The Almanzo Gentlemen's Ride is in 3 weeks and I still need a lot more saddle time.  If you haven't experienced an Almanzo event I strongly encourage you to check out their site.  It looks as though they're planning metric half and full century rides in addition to their English century.  A marathon may also be in the works.

An article in the local paper stated that the old Meridian bridge may be open in October.  There were no hard dates, but I'm still hopeful we can use it to get to Nebraska and back.

Speaking of Nebraska...I don't follow the college football all that much.  OK, I don't follow it at all.  But I know that the Huskers have made the move to the Big 10 which they tell me has 12 teams.  WTF?  In any case, if you want to get in good with the local folks on either side of the river wear your big red 'N' loud and proud.  They play Ohio State in an evening game on the 8th so there's no excuse for not riding some gravel.

No comments:

Post a Comment