Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I saw the light.

So during my numerous rides through Cedar County I've noticed what to me is a surprising number of light (or is it 'lite'?) beer cans littering the shoulders.  There seem to be nearly equal numbers of Bud & Busch, hardly ever a Miller, with an occasional soda can here and there.  After I get out on the road I always think I should have thrown on a pannier and picked up some cans to help finance my cycling habit.
If you want to defray your Steeplechase travel costs and earn extra brownie points you are welcome to bring your pick n' grab stick and a sack or pannier.  One word of warning - you'll find yourself stopping every 50 yards to help keep America beautiful.
After the ride you can exorcise the memories of abandoned beer cans with a trip to Ben's Brewing at 222 W. 3rd St. in Yankton.  He's got some good stuff that you don't want to throw out of a pickup window.

hmmmm...light beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment